Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Poverty and Riches

JoAnn has this picture in her home and I have always loved it.  It's by Bessie Pease Gutman and it's called Poverty and Riches.  It has a rich lady with fancy clothes, nice jewelry, and she is holding a dog.  Under her picture it says Poverty.  The lady on the right is holding a baby and is a little more plain looking but, under her picture it says Riches.  The last couple of years I have looked around for this painting.  I even just wanted a little postcard of it or an old calendar picture of it.  But, it could not be found anywhere.  We soon found out that this painted is very rare and has some copyright laws with it. There are probably only 200 in the world and they are original prints.  I thought I would never come across one.  I started looking on ebay everyday to see if anyone would be selling one.  One night ,this beauty came up and Mike and I new we wanted to bid on it.  So, long story short we won the bid and got this original 1915 print of Poverty and Riches.  I love it and it means a lot to me because this is how I feel.  I am so rich to be the mother of 4 children.  They greatly bless my life and make me a better person each day.  I truly am a rich woman!

No comments: