Saturday, March 16, 2013

California Day 6

 Today was Sunday.  We started the day by heading to church.  We found a ward in Anaheim and I have to saw I am so glad we went to this ward.  It was probably one of the neatest sacraments I have been to.  In the ward there is a down syndrome priest.  So, one of the priest blessed the bread and then they let the down syndrome priest bless the water.  One of the priest would whisper in his ear and then the down syndrome priest we repeat it in the microphone.  I was so impressed by the priest in this ward and the way they included the handicapped boy.  I am so glad we took the time to take the sacrament even while on vacation.

After church we got some lunch and thought a good way to observe the sabbath is to be in God's creations.  We headed to the beach to hang out as a family and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
 We headed over to Newport Beach.  I love this beach and was happy to visit it again!
 Eliza found a sand dollar!  She was so excited and happy.  This is one of the biggest and prettiest I have ever seen.
 The sea shell loot.


 I could sit and take pictures of my kids all day at the beach.  It's so much fun!
 Mike and Lucy chasing seagulls.  This was Lucy's favorite game.
 The kids built a sand castle with some of our shells.
 Then this handsome guy found a sand dollar too!!  It was the Schwitzer's lucky day!
 We buried each other in the sand.
 I thought the water was freezing but, the kids were full on in swim suits and jumping in the waves.
 Love this kid!
We walked the board walk in Newport and found some seals in the water just below us.  We enjoyed seeing them catch fish.  It was a great Sunday.

No comments: