Sunday, February 3, 2013

Goodbye Mazda!

So, I am really weird but I attach to things because I think of memories.  For example, I sometimes have a hard time giving clothes to the D.I because there will be a memory with that piece of clothing.  So, when Mike said it's time to sell the Mazda I started getting a little sad.

We got the Mazda back in 2003 when Jason was 6 months old.  We were living in Indiana and we needed another car for Mike to work in.  We wheeled and dealed with the car salesman  and used every discount we could think of to get this car in our price range.  This was the car I drove my 1st baby around in and all the fun I had learning about being a Mom.  We lived right by the Mall and sometimes I would take Jason and just walk the Mall.  There were some days I was lonely.  Mike was trying to get this company going and selling wheelchairs.  I loved being with Jason but, sometimes I look back on that time and remember it being hard.  We met some amazing friends out there though.
We will never forget the Soelbergs!  They lived by us and worked for the same company.  We both had small babies and I instantly loved them.  Sara taught me how to sew and she spent hours with me teaching me about the art of sewing.  We would laugh and laugh about Kaylin (sp) and Rusty.  I loved Sara because she knew exactly what we were  going through.
We loved the Robinson family and I remember meeting Heidi for the first time and felt like I knew her.  It ended up that we were both Youngs!  I still do not know if we are related but, I feel like we are!  They let me stay with them for a week with Jason before moving back to Utah.  Mike was driving back all our stuff and I stayed to close on our home.  I will never forget their kindness to me at that time.
We loved the Partridge family also.  I would watch their little Anna some days and it was good for Jason to have a friend.  We then became friends and Lori was so fun to talk to.
 We were not in Indiana for very long but, I feel like I met some kindred spirits ( in the words of Anne of Green Gables)  I am so grateful for the time we had there.   It has been a wonderful car for 10 years.  This has been Mike's car and he uses it for work.  It had almost 200,000 miles on it from driving from Indiana to Utah and then driving all over the state of Utah with Mike.  It was a wonderful car but, it was going through gas like crazy.  I need Mike in a safe car with all the driving he does.  So, we sold it and Mike got a new car that gets great gas mileage and other features that will make driving all day a lot nicer.

I had to get a picture and then I waved goodbye to it and a little tear was shed.  I am so weird but,  it was like saying goodbye to the last 10 years.  I really am happy to have the new car and feel so much happier knowing Mike is safe and that we are saving money on gas!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Rusty and Kaylin! Oh my gosh -- I had totally forgotten them.

I remember when we were just getting to know each other, and it just felt like we had already been friends forever. And now we've been apart for so long, but it feels like you just barely left! I guess that means we will be kindred spirits forever. :)

What a great post. I miss those Indiana days.

Robinson Family said...

I just saw this post and it brought back sweet memories of our time together! I get attached to things to and boy does time fly as you get older. Just think of àll the special memories you'll make in the new car.