Tuesday, February 5, 2013

10 Years of Jason!

 I can not believe that Jason is 10!  I feel like he is still my little boy but, he is growing up and turning into such a wonderful young boy.  I told him this was his last year holding up his hands and showing the camera how old he is.

Jason was born on a pretty mild January day.  He was born on a Saturday and I remember so clear the feeling of being a new mom.  I was so nervous and worried about feeding him enough, did he burp okay, was he having enough wet diapers, and on and on.  The first week I had him home he wasn't sleeping well, I was having a hard time learning to nurse, and trying to figure out how to get anything done with a baby.  I remember calling Mom and asking her why she had 5 kids!  I just couldn't imagine it getting easier and how could anyone handle more than one?  Jason was a huge blessing to Mike and I and he was suppose to come to earth at a certain time.  Mike and I had not been married very long before I became pregnant with Jason.  He had been waiting for Mike and I to meet so he could make his way to earth!

When Jason was a baby he was always trying to pull ahead physically.  It was like he was this huge spirit in this body that drove him nuts.  He rolled over, sat, ate solids very early as a baby.  At nine months he was full on walking.  I remember him walking at church once and someone commenting that it just didn't look right to see a baby that small walking around.  His spirit hated being a baby.  He was much happier being able to move around on his own.

As a young child Jason loved Elmo, Bob the Builder, Thomas, and any type of toy truck or car.  He always has loved being outside and as a baby he loved being in a swing.  I would have to swing him for hours it seemed.  He got into the super heroes and he loved running around with his superman cape on.  When he was 4 years old he broke his foot.  We still do not know exactly how he broke his foot but, we didn't believe him for about a day.  He said his foot hurt and we told him to go to bed that it would be better in the morning.  He crawled to bed and we thought he was being dramatic.  The next morning he was still crawling around so, I took him to the Dr. to find that he had broken his foot.  Worst Parents Ever!!!  We felt so bad!  He ended up getting a cast and he learned how to walk, run and do whatever he wanted in that thing.

Jason has loved being in school for the past 5 years.  He has learned so much and made some good friends through school.  He was bullied in 1st grade but, he was brave and went to talk to the principle about it.  He stood up to the bully and now he is really aware and sensitive to others that are bullied.

When he turned 8 he made the decision to be baptized and we were so proud of him.  He has been blessed in his life through that decision.  He has started scouting also and has had so much fun going to scout camps and learning fun things.  Jason loves golf, and basketball.  He has really gotten good this year in basketball.

Jason is a wonderful son with a strong testimony.  He is always willing to share his testimony or teach our family lessons for family night.  We love this kid so much and are so excited to see his next 10 years.  Happy Birthday Jason!!
 On the morning of his birthday he got a new wii game and remote.
 He got his own iPod.  He wanted something to listen to his music on!
 He also got this clock radio to play his iPod music on.
 I made this poster of Jason over the past 10 years.  I think this was more for me but, it was fun to see how much he has changed over the years.
 That evening he chose to go to Texas Roadhouse for his birthday dinner.  We had Alex, Andrew, and Grandma Schwitzer join us.  We then headed back to the house so the boys could have a late night.
 Jason wanted brownies for his birthday dessert this year.  So brownies he got!
He had a fun night with Andrew and Alex.  We had a fun day celebrating Jason!

No comments: