Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Winter Sunset


The best part about living where we do are the sunsets. I just happen to have a husband who looks at the sky and notices these things and makes me look. I am glad I looked at this one. We have a ghetto camera but, we just wanted to capture how the sky looks around here in the winter.
Last night we had a earthquake and the epicenter was in our city. It happen at one in the morning and Mike and I both woke up to what sounded like a car ramming into our house. I was really out of it but, it was loud and woke us up. Our windows were shaking and it was crazy. We have had lots of little earthquakes in the state over the last couple months and it has made us look into our 72 hour kits more closely. I have been waiting for the big one to hit Utah since I was a little girl and I am really not looking forward to it. I know the more prepared I am I need not fear. So, I feel I am prepared but, I need to get some batteries. We are always out of batteries!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Erika! I love ALL the new posts. It looks like you guys had a great holiday. I am so glad -- your kids are way too cute. And Happy Birthday to my dear friend!