Wednesday, January 20, 2010

MLK Day

MLK Day or Human rights day is always a day off from school in January. I have never really given much thought to this holiday which is sad but, I am grateful for a day off. Jessica had the idea of going sledding together and I am glad she invited us to come along. That morning it had snowed a little bit so the kids were excited to go. First, Mike and I went to a flooring show room to pick out our new flooring for our family room/ kitchen area. Since I was already in SLC we just hung out at my parents house for the afternoon. It was nice to talk with my parents and sometimes I don't always get to just go hang out at the house with them. We were sad about not having Mike with us because he had to work. We are so grateful to our wonderful Dad and husband who works for our little family. Mike actually took the kids sledding on Saturday and they had a great time having Dad time.

In the afternoon Joe, Jessica and boys came and we went over to Anzak and did some sledding. The little hill over at that park is perfect for our kids and it's easy for them to go down and come up on their own.
Grandma and Anne

Jason was having so much fun sledding. He wanted to see how far he could get his sled to go down the hill. He was trying different paths and different positions to see if he could get more air or less air. It was fun to watch his little head think through different options.


I love that my parents are game for still playing with their grand-kids. My Dad is in his sixties but, it always up for sledding, playing a game, or going to the park. The kids love it!




Mom and Anne




Uncle Joe is such a fun uncle and all my kids enjoy being around him!




The kids soon learned that it was more fun to slide down and then have Auntie Jill pull them up the hill!






Jason was so cute with Eliza and would want to pull her up the hill. Eliza LOVED sledding and after we would go down the hill she would yell, "Again, Again!" It was so cute.
After sledding we went back to my parents and had soup and rolls. We had a early dinner and got back home to get ready for school in the morning. It was a fun day.







2 comments:

Robinson Family said...

It must be so fun to get to play with family on your days off. I love how much family time you get with both sides of the family. It looks like it was a great day!

The Eric and Jaime Evans Gang said...

Love checkin' up on you and your cute fam!! Can't believe how long it's been since we both hung out at the Riv!! Where does the time go? HA! Cute kids, cute pics...love you girl.