Tuesday, January 5, 2010

" I think you are 42."

As I get older Birthdays are great but, there is always the thought of I am getting older. When I ask Jason how old he thought I was he said, " I think you are 42." Sweet! Thanks Jason! For my birthday Mike got me Wii fit which is awesome and so much fun. But, my Wii age is 49! I really need some help!!! I have just started looking into wrinkle creams... What the... Wrinkle creams? It seems I look back at pictures in my 20's and I can't believe the youthfulness and now I look in the mirror and it's starting to look different. It seemed once I turned 30 my body just changed. No longer can I eat what and whenever I want and instead of acne cream I have moved on to wrinkle cream. To be honest ,I really enjoy being in my 30's. My kids are at fun ages and we are settled in a home in a great neighborhood. I still feel like I am 17 but, then a weird ache will show up and I am reminded that I am 32.

I had a great birthday! Mike and I went out on a date to see the movie " New Moon" and then we went out to dinner. Anytime I can be with Mike alone with no kids is such a treat. On my actual birthday my Mom made me a really nice dinner and Jill made me my favorite cheesecake. Yummy! I love the picture above because this is my life right now at 32 and I wouldn't want it any different.....the three best kids helping blow out my candles!

3 comments:

Molly said...

Happy Birthday, Erika!! I'm glad you had a great birthday. I wish were were there to see you guys more often, your kids are getting so big! I love looking at the pictures

Korinne said...

Happy Birthday! You look great and don't need wrinkle cream one bit. I love the picture! You guys are awesome! Glad you had a good Christmas and New Years!

Heather said...

Congrats on your birthday! I actually have really enjoyed this time in my life. Yeah, I do look more like my mom, but don't tell her! Anyway, you look GREAT! Don't worry about wrinkle creams, just the gray hair! :)