Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sewing Lessons

While the kids have been taking swim lessons I have been taking sewing lessons. I am really lucky because my teacher is my Mom. A couple of years ago while living in Indiana my sweet friend Sara introduced me to Sewing and taught me the basics. Since then I have been able to do some simple projects but, I really wanted to get into clothing. My Mom is an amazing seamstress and growing up all my dresses and clothes were made by my Mom. It might be hard to imagine because I do not dress fancy but, during school my elementary teacher told me I was the best dressed! So, now I am the mother of 2 girls and I really want to be able to sew for them. Right now the little girl clothes at department stores are cute but, once they leave the little girl section the older girl clothes are not very flattering. I am hoping to get my skills up to par so I can give my girls some selection and more modest choices as they get older. My sister Jill is taking the classes with me and this was our first dress making experience. She made Eliza's dress and I made Anne's. I think they turned out cute and hopefully, through time we can get better and better. Thanks Mom and Jill for joining this adventure with me!

4 comments:

Erin and Ryan said...

Well done, well done! Such cute dresses and girls!

Scott and Mandi said...

Those dresses are adorable! My mom is an awesome seamstress but I have always been too impatient to sew! You have inspired me! :) Love and miss you guys!

Robinson Family said...

Adorable dresses and beautiful girls! I wish we could do sewing projects together. Sara is an amazing friend.

Sara said...

Hooray! I'm so glad that you are still sewing. The dresses are beautiful. . . but not as beautiful as those little girlies!

Good work!