Monday, July 27, 2009

24th of July

One of the best parts about living in Utah is you get 2 days off in July and 2 nights to do fireworks! We had a good Pioneer holiday and it was filled with many good memories. I forgot my camera which I am kicking myself because there were so many fun moments.

We started the day off by going to the parade in downtown SLC. This has always been a tradition in my family and the kids have a lot of fun. We went down with the Young's and the kids really liked seeing all the horses. After the Parade we headed over to Grandpa and Grandma Young's for lunch and then a random water fight! I was perfectly dressed and dry when Brad threw a water balloon covered in mud on my all white shirt! Ryan then dumped a huge bucket of water down my back. We had a full on fight and in the end Dad got the worst of it getting targeted while he was getting out of the car from work. Poor Dad handled it well and was laughing the whole time.

In the evening we heading over to Tom and Cathy's for dinner. Cathy has a ton of grasshoppers in her backyard and the boys went crazy catching tons of grasshoppers. Jason had a water bottle full of them and it was disgusting. We roasted marshmallows in the fire pit and made smores with Reeses peanut butter cups which are to die for! We did some fireworks in there circle and called it a good holiday! We are lucky to have family close and it was another classic summer day!

No comments: