Sunday, April 19, 2009

Better than Hollywood!

Over Spring Break Jason and I finished the book the Tale of Despereaux. This book is a really fun children's book and I was surprised at how much Jason enjoyed reading it. It took us a couple of months because his attention span isn't very long but, I loved reading it to him and seeing his eyes light up when he liked something or see him cuddle up to me when it was a little more dark and scary. I told him we would read the book first and then we could get the movie and watch it. So, we got the movie this week and watched it and it wasn't as good as the book at all. I love reading and I love when my imagination gets going and I make this whole new world for myself. So, when a movie is made after a book I have read sometimes I am disappointed because it isn't how I imagined it in my head. Jason loved the movie and the book and it was good quality time spent with my son. I am a strong believer that our imaginations would take home the Oscar every year because we are better than Hollywood!!

1 comment:

Young Family said...

That is so true. I have a hard time watching a movie if I finished the book recently.

I loved that book.