Monday, April 13, 2009

Allison's Wedding!!

My beautiful cousin Allie got married this past weekend. Eliza and I went up to Portland, OR for the wedding and had such a good time. I had never been up to Portland and it was so pretty. Compared to Utah it's the Garden of Eden. It was pretty cloudy the whole time we were up there but, it was so green and all the spring flowers were really pretty. We got up there on Thursday and went and saw my Dad's brother who is really sick right now. It was hard to see him in so much pain at such a young age. It was good for my Dad to have some time with Jim and catch up. We then went and hung out at my Aunt Mary's house and then we headed over to the wedding dinner. It was a really nice dinner and they kind of threw a guy shower of her husband Matt. I thought it was a good idea! So, we were all suppose to bring some kind of tool or anything really from Home Depot for them. You never really think about tools when you get married but, once you get to your new apartment and realize you don't have a hammer or nails to hang your new wedding pictures you wished someone had given you some type of tool. So, It was a fun night.
She got married on Friday and it was wasn't raining!!! She looked so pretty and I loved her dress. I could never get Matt to look where I was standing so in all the pics he is looking the other way. He really is a nice guy and I am excited for Allie.


The happy couple

Eliza and I at the Portland temple. Eliza was a such a good traveller and even though she gave lots of crusties she is still precious.






Eliza saying "Cheese" in front of some pretty tulips at the temple!

Melanie, Molly, Allie, and Elizabeth. They are all the best girls and so cute and fun. I am lucky to have them as cousins. After the temple the reception was in Corvallis which is about a 2 hour drive. My parents, Jill, and I stopped at some outlet malls on the way up and shopped for a while. They had the best outlet mall in the world there! Jill and my Mom found some cute outfits but, it just wasn't my day for finding something. We got to Corvallis in time for the big party. She had an awesome reception and it was fun to talk with everyone again. I really had a fun time being with my parents and Jill and seeing family again. I wished we all lived closer but, at least I got a little vacation out of it! :)





Eliza was obsessed with this balloon at the airport. She ran up to it and hug it for like 15min. When I took her away from it she was screaming and crying and it was a sad moment in her life. I now know what to get her for Christmas, a smiley face balloon!!!






1 comment:

Jillian said...

I had so much fun with you Erika!