Friday, December 26, 2008

Our family Christmas Eve

On December 23rd Mike and I decided to have our family Christmas Eve. We love our extended family and want to be part of everything but, felt like our family wasn't forming our own Christmas traditions. So, on the 23rd we officially started some fun ones. We started out with a nice Christmas dinner with Ham and all. For dessert we had some Chocolate pudding and in one of the puddings there was an almond in the pudding. Whoever had the almond got to open the present that was set as our center piece in the middle of the table. Mike got the almond this year which meant he will have lots of luck this year and he got to open the present. ( This is a Swedish tradition and I thought because Mike and I both come from Swedish back grounds this would be fun.) Mike opened a Nutcracker which my kids were excited about. After we read our new Christmas book and the kids got to open their Christmas Pajamas. They then got to sleep out in front of the Christmas tree and watch a movie. We had such fun night and it was so much to be with our little family and hopefully start some traditions that will stay with our kids forever!

Christmas Pajamas!!

1 comment:

Sara said...

This is a darling idea. I am totally jealous of all your extended family time, but I can see that you would want some personal traditions, too.

I can't believe how cute your kids are! I love the pics.