Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Eve!!

Christmas Eve was with the Young side of the family. We got together and had a great dinner and stuffed ourselves. In my family we have the tradition of playing bells on Christmas Eve. My Grandpa Davis made them and wrote a bunch of Christmas songs that we can play. I have been playing these Christmas bells every Christmas Eve since I was 5 years old. It's fun to watch my kids now enjoy playing them and each year my family gets better and better at them.
We welcomed a new member to the Young family on Dec 19th! My brother and his wife had a new baby boy named Parker. He is so handsome and Anne really enjoyed holding him on Christmas Eve.

We also did the nativity with all the cousins. Anne was Mary and Jason played Joseph. Allen was a wise man and Hayden was a Shepherd. Eliza was a sheep but, she wouldn't keep on her costume. We were lucky to have baby Parker play the part of baby Jesus and he truly played the part well being only 5 days old!


1 comment:

Joe said...

It was a very fun Christmas Eve! Christmas Eve is way funner than Christmas Day, I think. I remember driving home from Mary & Steve's when we were younger, and I'd look out the car window looking for Santa in the sky and then going home to open up pajamas (for all non-family members, I wore pj's at this year's party in a fruitless effort to restore that wonderful tradition).