Friday, January 1, 2016

New Years Day

 We thought it would be fun to start the New Year off right by going ice skating.  We have been wanting for a while to try ice skating around the Olympic oval rink.  It was so fun, and with the track being so big we felt like we had plenty of room to skate without running into others.  My two boys caught on fast.. they must have the Canadian genes.

 However, for the girls and I it took us a little extra time.  Lucy was lucky enough to have this walker that helped her get the hang of things.
 Anne caught on fast too.
 It took Eliza a long time.  She would fall, and fall again.  She was such a trooper and never gave up.  Pretty soon she could let go of the wall and go out with Anne.

 Lucy soon was able to get rid of the walker and skate with Dad.
At the end of our adventure I fell down and tore both my MCL's in my knee.  When I fell it hurt so bad it was one of moments where I was really trying hard not to cry!  I hate that this happened, but it's life so I got the help I needed to get my knees back in shape!  We did have fun even with my fall at the end! :)

No comments: