Saturday, January 3, 2015

#37

 For my birthday this year Mom took me to Holdman Studios to make my own glass flower.  It was really fun to pick what colors I wanted on my glass flower and then I got to mold the hot glass.  Man, was it ever hot but so interesting to make.


 Here is how my flower looked coming right out of the oven.  It then had to cool for a day before I could pick it up.
 Holdman studios is an amazing place.  They are doing all the stain glass windows for the Rome and Paris Temples.  It was fun to see a little piece of those temples.  The picture above is for the Rome Temple and the one below is for the Paris Temple.

Here was my flower as the finished product.  I chose blue and yellow and I loved the way it turned out.  It was a fun afternoon spent with Mom and Jill.
 The morning of my birthday I wanted to get a pedicure and it's no fun going by yourself so, these cute girls came along with me!  That evening Mike took me out to dinner and to a movie.  We had my favorite dessert cheesecake with the kids.  It was a great birthday!

No comments: