Sunday, September 1, 2013

Friends

"Make new friends but, keep the old.   One is silver and the other's gold."  I use to sing that song in elementary school and never really understood the meaning of it.  As I have gone through life and have been through different things in my life I do.  I met Lori up at Brighton Girl's Camp.  We were camp counselors together.  I loved Lori from the start and really relied on her and her fun personality during the hard times up there.  We have kept in touch through the years and have children all the same ages.  We love getting together with the Derricks and feeling their great spirit.  My kids also love her kids so, it's just one of those friendships that Heavenly Father designed.  Every time I see her I am uplifted or she says something that really helps me.... that is what being a friend is all about!

I hope my kids can make good friends and listen to spirit when it comes to making them.  They will have a huge influence on you and make you a better person.  It's good to always make new friends but, always keep your old because they are the "gold" in your life.  One advice to my kids is to keep in touch and hold on to relationships you make throughout your life.  They are gifts from God and there is a reason behind all of them.

No comments: