Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Flower Ring

Last year when Mike went to Russia he had a lay over in New York City. While he was there he found a diamond ear ring. The diamond is in the shape of a flower and is really pretty. He picked it up off the road and brought it home. We look on all kinds of lost and found sites for New York City and no one ever posted looking for an ear ring. So, I have had the ear ring and we thought some day we would turn it into a ring or maybe keep the diamond for Jason's future bride.

So, on Valentines day this year while I am making dinner I look on the table and see a small white box with a letter. I call for Mike and he wants to wait for the kids before I open it. I sit down and open the white box to find the most beautiful diamond ring made from the flower diamond he had found. He then wrote me a note about what this ring means to him and tears are now freely flowing from me. The letter means so much to me and will always go with the ring but, he basically said that this flower represents how our love has grown and blossomed much like this flower through the years. There is no other ring like this in the world because Mike designed it himself! I will always love and cherish my wedding rings but, this ring I hope becomes a family heir loom and I hope as it gets passed down through generations it will remind them of the great love that Mike and I had for each other. I hope all my daughters and generations of daughters after that find a Man as wonderful as Mike. He doesn't have to buy me diamonds but, this will be a Valentines I will never forget.
I love you Mike!!!

No comments: