Sunday, February 26, 2012

10th anniversary of the Salt Lake Winter Olympics

I loved having the winter games here in Salt Lake. Mike and I had just gotten married a couple of months earlier and Mike was up at the U of U going to school. Mike got the whole month of February off which was great. We went on a trip to California and then we enjoyed the Olympic festivities. Mike got to go to a hockey game with his family and then all of us got to go to a Para Olympic hockey game. We went down town a couple of times to enjoy all the events down there. It was such a fun time and I hope we get to have them here again some day.

So, now 10 years later the city is remembering and celebrating the Salt Lake Winter games. I wanted my kids to see and enjoy some of the fun so we headed down to the Gateway Mall where all the fun was happening. They had different games and booths of Olympic sports to try out. They Olympic athletes were everywhere signing autographs and showing medals. We got to hold a silver medal and that was cool.
All of us showing our muscles!



They had real bobsled sitting out to explore on.
Our family on the podium with our medals!
Jimmy Shea was there signing autographs. Our kids had it by then so, I just took a fast picture. You can see his gold medal in front of him.

It was a fun afternoon and Grandma Young and Jill came along for the fun. I really do hope the winter games come to Salt Lake again and hopefully, this time my kids will witness them too!

No comments: