Saturday, August 15, 2009

Grandma Rawsthrone


Callie got married this past week and it was fun to see family from Canada. Mike has some really fun cousins and it always fun to see and talk with them. I didn't get any pictures of the beautiful bride or her day but, I did manage a picture with Grandma Rawsthrone. She looked so pretty at the reception and she is the sweetest most gracious person I know. When I married Mike both of my Grandma's had past away. I had almost forgotten what it felt like to have a Grandma in my life. Grandma Rawsthorne has shown love to me from the moment I have met her. She help me understand the importance of having a Grandma and the influence they have on their grand-daughters. She wants to know how things are going and she always has such good advice. There are many talks of advice from her that I have in my memory bank and I pull on those when I need a little lift. She is 93 and is still cooks for herself and has made hats and sleep sacks for all my kids. So, every moment we get to be with her we call it a blessing and were happy to see her for a couple of hours at the wedding.

1 comment:

Jillian said...

I hope my future husband has a cool grandma too. I like to hear stories of Grandma Rawsthorne especially of her on a wave runner in bear lake! What a cool lady.