Monday, November 10, 2008

Election and Prop 8

I just wanted to write my thoughts on this whole election. It was a privilege to vote this year and voice my opinion. I am so glad to be an American to have my freedom!! I will support our new president and I pray that he will be successful for our countries sake. I would have liked to see it go the other way but, It just wasn't meant to be this election year for the Republicans. Mike and I where pretty bummed on Tuesday night when we learned Obama won. Our only hope was the prop 8 vote.

We would like to thank our family and friends in California for their great efforts in support of Prop 8!! Your work paid off and hopefully this will be the end. Their has been a lot of protest from the No on 8 campaign directed on the church. There are many members of the church who oppose the churches support of Prop 8. I will never understand their thinking. I think the church did an outstanding job and good has prevailed over evil again!!!

1 comment:

paulandjenthatcher said...

So great to read your thoughts on this. I've debated blogging about it as well. I've been thinking about this a lot. I think this is only the beginning, but a victory nonetheless.

I'm so glad you found us!! I just sent you a text today, and when I saw your name in my phonebook, I wished that I had time to call. This was a fun way to catch up, but I agree, we need to get together soon.

I loved seeing your cute family! You are as beautiful as ever, especially as a mom. Congrats on seven years!

Love,
Jen