Monday, October 27, 2008

Pocatello

This weekend we went on a little road trip up to Idaho. My brother is going to school up at Idaho State and we went to visit them and celebrate my niece's first birthday. Staying in a Hotel room over night is like going to Disneyland for my kids. They were so excited and couldn't wait to get to the Hotel. The drive up was nice and thanks to DVD player in the car the kids are easily entertained. We got to the Hotel and the kids wanted to go swim in the pool immediately. The pool was an indoor pool and next to the pool was some conference room area. So, we go marching into the pool to realize that we have a crowd watching us play in the pool! There was some Christian church meeting going on and they all sat and watched us in the pool. It was kind of embarrassing but, I wasn't going to deny my kids their pool time.

That evening we met up with my brother and his family to go out to eat at an old fifties diner type place. After we left the diner Jason informed us that he didn't like that place. He said " That restaurant was too loud and the tables were a mess." My son has got his great- Grandma Young's gene. (My Grandma loved to be a critic of everything from restaurants, to weddings, to funerals.) Anyways, the rest of our trip was fun and we got to see our fun niece and cousin celebrate her birthday! Trips are so much fun but, I am always glad to get back home and into my own bed!

1 comment:

Joe said...

I wish we could have gone to Pokie, as well. Hotels ARE fun. I like going to hotels, too.