Monday, August 22, 2016

Back To School Dinner: Pray He is There

 I am writing this a couple of months after this.  I can see why now that the spirit prompted me to have this as our theme this year.  As this point we had an idea that Mike's company wanted us to look into moving to either Houston, Texas or Phoenix, Arizona.  That wanted Mike to look into becoming a District Manager in those cities.  I knew at that point my kids might be going through some big changes in their lives.  I wanted to concentrate this year on prayer.  I want my kids to know that they can turn to their Heavenly Father in prayer to help them in anything hard they are going through.  We had a neat lesson on prayer that evening for FHE.

 I gave each of the kids these quotes on prayer.  The first one has the words from a Child's prayer on it.


 The second one has one of my favorite quotes on prayer it's, "get on your knees and pray and then get on your feet and work."  Gordon B. Hinckley.    I think this is so true with prayer.  Prayer is a form of work.  We pray with all our might and soul to Heavenly Father, but then we need to work as if everything depended on us.
After we all went in the back yard and played and jumped on the tramp.  I sat there just taking in this perfect night and moment.  Knowing tomorrow they would start a new school year, but also that some big changes were going to happen to our family.  Just sitting in the yard, jumping on the tramp, and enjoying the summer was just what my soul needed.

No comments: