Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Grandpa Young

 We celebrated Grandpa Young Birthday.  We just had a dinner at our house and enjoyed hanging out with him!

I hope my kids will always remember what a wonderful Grandfather they have.  Grandpa has had many trials in his life that he has overcome with faith and his testimony of the atonement.  Grandpa is one of the most Christ like people I know.  Growing up he would do anything for me and I knew I could always count on my Dad.  I remember one time being down at College at UVU and my car had broken down.  I could not figure out what was wrong.  I called my Dad from a pay phone on campus and explained that the car would not start.  He drove all the way down to Orem to see what was wrong.  It ended up being a loose screw in the battery.  He screwed the screw in tight and my car started immediately!  I remember thinking how much I loved my Dad.  He drove all the way down to do 2 minutes of work to help me.  Growing up Dad never yelled at me.  I knew when he was disappointed in me, but he never yelled.  I remember when I got in a car accident in High School that was my fault I was really worried about my parents being upset.  My Dad sat me in my room and talked about being more aware as I drove, but he was more grateful that I wasn't hurt.  He said I can fix that car, but if something happen to you that would be the most hurtful.   How grateful I am for Dad that loves me through all my faults and shows me what true patients and love is!

No comments: