Saturday, October 24, 2015

Eliza's Baptism

 It was a beautiful Fall morning for Eliza's Baptism.  She was scheduled to be baptized at 9 am so, we were up early to get ready.  She was glowing this day and I know angles were around her that day!

 She now has two white dresses and Heavenly Father is so proud of her!
 Eliza is so lucky to have a Dad that holds the priesthood!
 She was baptized with 2 other boys from our ward.   Our family had no talks, but Grandma Young lead the music and Auntie Cathy played the piano.  It is so neat for me as the Mom to help my daughters after they are baptized.  I felt like I was watching Eliza be born again!  While she was standing waiting to be baptized the veil was removed from my eyes and Heavenly Father gave me a glimpse of why he loves Eliza sooo much!  It is an experience I will never forget.  Once she was baptized I get that perfectly clean spirit in my arms and it's the same feeling I had when she was born.  After, we put back on her dress and she received the gift of the Holy Ghost.  Mike gave her a beautiful blessing, and I am so grateful that she will have this gift throughout her life!  Eliza is now a covenant daughter of God.  This makes her more special and unique than other daughters of God on the Earth.  I hope she always remembers this day and remembers the covenants she made this day.  It's through covenants that  we are helped through trails and given strength and power to overcome temptation!
 Grandma Young made Eliza this beautiful handkerchief.  It has her initial on it.  Grandam wrote her a beautiful letter about how this white handkerchief can be with her through all her covenant making.
I have to apologize to Eliza!  I was not the best at taking pictures this day.  I got the most important ones, but know that you had lots of Aunt, Uncles, and cousins there to support you on this day.  You are so lucky to have such a great family support!

No comments: