Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Girls Camp Lava Hot Springs

 So, I was really bad and didn't take very many pictures at Girls Camp.  The only time I pulled out the camera was during our service project.  I have to say this was a very fun Girls Camp.  These girls are so lucky and got to go up to Lava Hot Springs.  We swam, went in Hot pools, and went tubing down the river.  We played games, sang songs around the camp fire, and just enjoyed getting to know each other better.  For our service project we went to this little pioneer town up in Idaho.  They have restored this town and it was so fun to see and tour.
 An old Sacrament table

 They had some handcarts that the girls got to try out!
 For the service project the girls helped mud this old cabin that the families of these pioneers are trying to restore.  The girls did a great job and helped this family out a lot.

These girls are so good to each other.  There seriously was no drama or fighting between the girls.  Our last day there it rained and rained.  It was raining so hard that some of our tents were leaking and girls stuff was totally soaked.  I kept thinking that we needed to go home because it was going to be a terrible night.  We finally decided to pack up that night.  It was a hard decision because we had not had our testimony meeting yet and that is an important part of camp.  When we were packing up Gracie had a seizure which was really scary, but she ended up being fine back home.  On Sunday, we met at Bishop Olson's to finish up camp.  We did our skits and had a testimony meeting.  It was really neat to hear the girls testimonies and their experiences up at camp.  I had a great time, but returned home to find Mike so sick.  He had the flu and pneumonia.  The kids basically took care of themselves while Mike was upstairs not even able to move.  So, coming home early might have even been for my little family.  Maybe Heavenly Father sent the rain to get me home… I don't know, but I am glad I was able to get back to help out at home.  I am sure enjoying my calling in YW and am grateful for all I am learning from these great girls!

No comments: