Monday, July 21, 2014

SLC Cemetery FHE

 The Monday before Pioneer day we decided to head up to the SLC Cemetery and see all the prophets graves.  This was such a neat evening and Mike did such a great job finding stories about each of the prophets when they were young kids.  The picture above is the grave of Truman O Angell.  We are related him to him through Dad's line on the Spiers line.  Truman was the architect of the SLC Temple, eagle gate, the Lion House, and Beehive House just to name a few.  He came across the plains and was one of the first to enter the Salt Lake Valley.
 Joseph F. Smith and Joseph Fielding Smith's graves.

 Wilford Woodruff
 The kids loved the stories that Mike found.  Here is Lucy listening about Porter Rockwell.

 The views up at the cemetery are amazing.  Have I mentioned how much I love living here?!

 Heber J Grant.
 John Taylor
 President Hinckley will always hold a special place for Mike and I.  He was the prophet that called us both on missions.  How I love this man!
 Showing kids pictures of President McKay as a little boy.
 President Hunters grave I loved.  I loved the quote on his head stone.
 I took way to many pictures for a cemetery but, the lighting was awesome!
 Eliza slipped in some mud and she was not very happy.  She was sour grapes for a little while but, soon got over it when we mentioned going to get some ice cream!
 President Kimball
Our last stop was to visit my Great Grandma Linnea's grave.  Anne and I are both named after her and she was a wonderful woman.  She died when she was my age leaving all her little children with no mother but, her legacy lives on.  Anne and I are proud to carry her name.

It was a great night and we had fun learning about all our wonderful prophets and ancestors!!

No comments: