Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter

 Easter morning the kids woke up and found their Easter baskets.   There was lots of candy and few little surprises in their baskets.
 Having 1:00 church was nice.  We had a nice Easter breakfast together as a family and then just enjoyed hanging out.

 Easter outfits for this year.


 Love these kids!

 After church we headed over to Grandma and Grandpa Young's for Easter dinner.  They had an Easter egg  hunt in the back yard.

 Most of the Young cousins.  We are missing Brad's family.
 Anne loves Elizabeth and enjoys watching her.
 Grandma had a special story to help the kids remember the true meaning of Easter.
 Some other shots of people I love!

I just want to take a moment and express how I love the Savior.  Mike and I have been trying to teach our kids about the power of the atonement.  I really want my kids to understand it and the power that it can have on their lives.  Even at their young ages, Christ cares about them and their needs.

The other day, I told Jason and Anne about my first experience in realizing the power  of the atonement.  It happen when I was about 12 years old.  I had never really been taught what the atonement was.  I thought it was only to help me be forgiven of sin.  One night, I was really sad and was praying to Heavenly Father to help me with something I was really worried about.  I remember feeling the spirit so strong in my room and that the Lord came and lifted the problem from my shoulders.  The spirit then whispered to me to not worry about the problem, that the Lord would worry about it, and he just wanted me to be happy.  From that moment on I loved the Savior so much.  That experience was written on my heart and I have never forgotten it.  I didn't know at the time that what the Lord had done for me was part of the atonement.  That he suffered for my worry in the Garden of Gethsemane.  It wasn't until I was older that I realized what power the atonement had on me at such a young age.  This experience has been a driving force to my testimony and also my reason of serving a mission.  I wanted others to feel the love the Savior has for them.  I wanted them to know that they are not alone!  So, this Easter I hope my kids know that their mother has a testimony of the Savior that I love him with all my heart.  I know that he lives and because of him I can return to the presence of Heavenly Father.   I know that because of him our family can be together forever!  I know as we turn to the Savior that our life is better and our burdens are lighter.  My testimony is a burning fire inside of me and something I hold as my most precious possession!

1 comment:

thederricks said...

You have such a beautiful family!!