Thursday, October 3, 2013

Washington D.C


We rolled into Washington D.C that afternoon.  We caught up with Chris and Sarah and ate at the Old Ebbit Grill right by the White House.  It was good food and good company!
 After dinner we headed to see some of the memorials at night.  We went to the Lincoln Memorial which is always amazing to see.
 Looking down the Mall at the Washington Monument.

 Mike and I both had not seen the new World War II Memorial and it was awesome.  Both of my Grandpa's served in this war and Grandpa Harvey did also.  This is probably one of the best Memorials in my opinion and it should be!

 The Pacific where Grandpa Young and Davis both served.

 I loved all the quotes around the memorial.
 This quote above was my Grandma Young!
 We also went to see the Martin Luther King Memorial which was really neat also.
 I loved the quote on the side of this memorial
Across the lake is the pretty Jefferson Memorial.  Seeing the Memorials at night was really neat and they were beautiful to look at.

No comments: