Thursday, May 30, 2013

Living My Dream!

 I remember being a little girl and loving my dolls.  They were real to me and I took care of them like they were real.  I made them a pretend breakfast every morning and changed their outfits.  If our family went on a vacation I had my best friend Jenny watch my dolls while we were away.  I guess I was a little over the top but, from my youngest years I wanted to be a Mom.   So, being the Mom to these amazing kids is my dream and dreams do come true!

The other night Mike was tucking Anne in bed.  Anne is a very smart and bright girl and Mike was asking her what she wanted to do when she was older.  Did she want to be a nurse or doctor?  Did she want to be a teacher or a dancer?  She sat there and told Mike that she didn't know.  Then as he was leaving she said. "Actually Dad I really want to be a Mom."  This comment makes me so happy but, I then think about my 3 girls.  Will they have the opportunity to be a Mother?  What does life hold for each of them as women?  I pray that their dreams of being a mother will happen.  That each of them will be able to find a strong, wonderful husband like their Dad.  I hope as their mother I can teach them about being kind and gentle but, also strong and valiant.  I hope they always know that no matter what happens in this life their role as a mother is eternal and never ends.  It's our divine nature to be mothers!

So, I find so much joy in this calling!  I have been given a lot and know that much is required from me to raise these kids in these last days.  I can't wait to watch each of my girls become mothers and watch the cycle continue.
 I had a wonderful mother's day with lots of cards, hugs and kisses, and breakfast made for me!
 We stopped by to see Grandma Schwitzer.  She is a wonderful Mother and Grand-Mother.  Our lives have been greatly blessed by her example.
We had Mother's Day dinner with the Young's.  I was so happy to spend time with my Mom.  She has taught me so much about being a mother and I am grateful to have her as my Mom!

No comments: