Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Happy Easter

 We had a wonderful Easter this year.  The week leading up to Easter we read each day about Christ last week before his death and resurrection.  We either read scripture or watch a bible movie off lds.org.  I loved thinking about Christ this whole week and really putting the focus on him.  On, Saturday we went to the Herriman Easter egg hunt.  I only got a picture of Lucy because we had to work fast to get candy.  That evening we had Grandma and Grandpa Young over for dinner and Easter egg coloring.

 Easter morning the kids each found their Easter baskets!  Look at those happy faces!
 We then headed off for our last Sacrament meeting in the Rose Canyon 6th Ward.  They split our ward and we start a new ward after conference.  I didn't try to match the kids this year so, every one's Easter outfit is different.



 Love!
 We had Easter dinner with the Schwitzer side this year.  Grandma Schwitzer had a big egg hunt in the back yard.




 Then Grandma and Grandpa had a Easter fish pond for all of us!  The guys got these hula hoops and the ladies got some fun treasures from their resent trip to Honduras.  The kids would line up and put the fishing pole over the Easter sheet.  They would then pull the pole back to find all kinds of prizes.  The kids loved this and Grandma Schwitzer was so excited.  They have been in Russia for many Easters now so, to have us all together and do this was special for her.

I loved thinking about Christ all week and thinking about all he has done personally for me.  The power of the atonement in my life is something very special to me and my love for Christ grows and grows with my age.  I am always grateful for this time of year to think about him!

No comments: