Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day

We had a great holiday and it actually was nice weather for this first holiday of the summer. We took our kids to the Veterans Memorial Park to look at all the soldiers from Utah that had served our country. It is a neat park and they have a wall with all the soldiers from Utah that have died in war. We were there for just a little bit but, I wanted my kids to understand the reason for Memorial Day.

Jason loved all the flags that were placed on the graves.

We went to Joe and Jessica's to do a little yard work and then came back to our house for the first summer BBQ. We had the traditional summer BBQ and for dessert we had the best homemade ice cream thanks to Jessica. The guys enjoyed playing a game of Basketball in the picture above.



Eliza and Sydney were so funny together and I think they tried on every princess dress we have. They are becoming better friends and it will be nice to have Sydney living closer!


A group hanging out on the tramp



We made a fire in the fire pit and hung out. We then had smores to top off the evening. yummy! It was fun to have the family over to the house and be together.





2 comments:

Jillian said...

Erika- your good about getting your journaling done! Way to not let it pile up like the rest of us. Thanks for the Memorial Day BBQ, I had so much fun! I kind of look like a chunky monkey in that tramp picture, but I'll go running now so I look better when I appear on your blog next :).

Young Family said...

We had a great evening. Thanks for your help and a fun BBQ!