Thursday, February 25, 2010

Elsie

I am so happy to officially post that Elsie is legally my newest niece. I have loved her from the moment I met her. Brad and JanaLynn have such a neat story that I want to always remember. They were blessed with Allen 8 years ago and have been trying to have more kids for years and years. After much prayer they decided to be foster parents and adopt kids from foster care. 9 months ago they were given Elsie to foster and were not sure how long they would have her. One month after fostering Elsie they found out they were pregnant! We were so excited as a family that after years and years they were able to have another baby. Through time their love for Elsie grew and grew and in December Elsie's birth parents gave up their rights to her. Brad and JanaLynn jumped on wanted to adopted her. On Tuesday the 23rd of February it became legal that Elsie is theirs! It was so neat to be in the court room and hear the proceedings. It was emotional for Brad and JanaLynn because for so long they didn't know if they would get Elsie or if she would be given back to her birth parents. She is the sweetest most happy baby girl and we are so happy to have her part of the Young family. JanaLynn is due in any day with another girl!

Through this process I loved to see how the Lord worked in their life. Elsie was suppose to be in their family but, it was just going to take a couple years. If Brad and JanaLynn were able to have kids all these years they would have never considered doing foster care. But, the Lord inspired them to go in this direction and once they had Elsie they were blessed with another baby! Heavenly Father truly is aware of us and knows what is best for us in each of our lives. I am grateful to a loving Heavenly Father and I am also grateful that I have that knowledge.
I hope one day Elsie can look back on these pictures at the court house and see all the family that love her and support her on her adoption day.

2 comments:

Sara said...

What a great story! She's a very lucky girl, I'm sure. :)

Heather said...

That is awesome! I love hearing about miracles!