Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

We had a great Thanksgiving holiday this year and had so much to be grateful for we had to celebrate. I made these turkey hats with the kids and they loved making them. They are really quite silly but, my kids are truly so simple and happy to please. This year we were with the Youngs for Thanksgiving and it was fun to be with my family again. We missed Ryan and Erin who didn't come into town due to her having a baby in any moment! We met at my parents and enjoyed talking with each other and hanging out. Thanksgiving dinner was sooooo good. Everyone made the best food and I have seriously gained like 5 lbs from all the yummy food.
If you ask Jason what he is thankful for he will say pumpkin pie. This kids loves this pie and here he is checking out the many pies. He loves just the pie with lots of whipped topping and leaves the crust. That crazy kid!

Here is part of the family enjoying the feast. We were so happy this year to have little Daisy pay a visit to our family on Thanksgiving. She has gotten so big and look so healthy. If it wasn't for Brad and JanaLynn that little girl would not be alive. It was fun to see her progress.


The day after Thanksgiving our good friends the Partridges were in town. We met them to celebrate Anna and Cole's birthdays. We went to Kangaroo Zoo and the kids had so much fun. Thanks Lori and Corbin for letting us see you for a while. We always get to see them at least once a year and it's fun to catch up.




Lori and I in front of some big teeth! All my dear friends in Indiana have such a special place in my heart. Lori, Sara, and Heidi helped me get through some pretty hard times in Indiana. I was so lucky to have met some of the greatest people there.
So, now the holidays have officially begun and my kids are already counting down the days until Christmas. This is the best time of the year!!!



2 comments:

Sara said...

I am jealous! I wish I was standing there in front of the big teeth!

You are a dear friend, Erika. I'm so glad our paths crossed for a couple of years. I am the lucky one!

Robinson Family said...

Me too! Your family is growing up way too fast. Those are some fun traditions you're starting. Enjoy every minute.