Saturday, September 5, 2009

Mr. Handy Man


I have a handy man for a husband and I couldn't be happier. We have a new front door but, not really. It's our old door but, Mike sanded and sanded and scraped and re-stained it. I think it turned out so beautiful. I am so lucky because if I say I would love for something to get done in a flash my handy man is working on it. He has done so much with our home and everything he does is done to perfection.
My Grandpa Davis was handy man also and I loved seeing him work. My Grandpa lived just up the street from us and I could ride my bike to his house in the summers. He always had a project he was working on or so something interesting to show me. My Grandpa died the summer after I graduated from high school. I missed my handy man and some days were harder than others. As time went on I forgot about having a handy man around until I met Mike. When I started to date Mike he remind me of my Grandpa a little bit. I wish Mike could have met my Grandpa because I think they would have been the best of friends. They would have enjoyed doing handy man stuff together. I know in the next life they will have lots to talk about and handy man work to do.

1 comment:

Robinson Family said...

Wow,that is a good looking front door! I would love to see the rest of your house. You're lucky to have such a handy man.