Monday, January 26, 2009

Draper Temple Open House

On Saturday we had the opportunity to go through the Draper Temple. This was really exciting for my kids because they always want to go inside the temples. The Church does an amazing job at organizing these events. We first went to a church by the temple and watched a 10min movie on temples and on the Draper area. We then were bused up to the temple.

This temple was beautiful and it really felt like a really nice home. It doesn't seem as big as like the Jordan River Temple but, they said it would serve 60,ooo thousand members in the area. My kids loved it and especially Jason. They give you a pamphlet before you go in and he had it open the whole time trying to match the pictures from the pamphlet to what he was really seeing. After we were done we asked Jason what was his favorite part and he said, " I loved that I could feel Heavenly Father." I am so thankful for this experience! The spirit was strong through the temple and my kids could feel it. I think for Jason it was the beginning of a Testimony for him of the love that Heavenly Father has for him. Anne liked the brides room ( of course every girl loves that room!) and liked being in the Temple also.

It was a great morning and an experience our family will not forget!

1 comment:

paulandjenthatcher said...

That sounds like you had a really neat experience. I wish my kids were older so they could have understood more.

I made a connection with your old friend, "Lucky" (Lori Derrick). Her kids are coming to a music class at my house. She is sweet. I gave her your blog address.