Monday, January 12, 2009

Another Birthday!


Last week it was my birthday and it was a great day! I woke up to some gifts and the kids were so excited. The kids gave me a new hair straightener which was much needed. Mike then gave me a ipod which was much needed also since I would always use his. I am pretty behind on the times as far as technology so this has been huge for me. My ipod is great and is so user friendly.
In the afternoon my Mom took me shopping which was much needed as well and I got a some new clothes. In the evening my parents watched the kids and Mike and I saw Marley and Me. This is such a cute movie but, you will cry. I told myself going into the movie that I would not cry but, at the end of the movie you can't help it. After the movie we went out to eat and it was so much fun going on a date with my husband and actually being able to talk with each other without being interrupted.
My mom then made me a delicious birthday cake and I called it a great birthday. I am getting older but, I am really enjoying my 30's so far. I love the ages of my kids and I love that we are not going through school and all the craziness of being in your 20's. 31 should be a great year!!

5 comments:

Scott and Mandi said...

Happy Birthday Erika! Isn't it so true that the 30's are already seeming so much better than the 20's??? Love you!

Joe said...

Erika, I called and left a message on your birthday. I don't know if you got it or not, but if you didn't, I called. I really did. I did not forget.

paulandjenthatcher said...

Erika, I'm glad you had a great Birthday! I think it's fun being 31, as long as I don't think about it too much (because then I start to feel old).
Thanks for your cute Christmas card! I loved seeing your family picture all month long on our fridge! I really hope we get together in 2009.

Sara said...

Happy Birthday Erika! It sounds like you had a great day. Hooray for much needed presents.

Unknown said...

hello shwitzer family,

not sure if you get the cards i send, were not sure of the correct email address. ia also tried calling the house to wish you a happy bday erika. please reply of send me your most current electronic contact info, im pretty sure i have the coreect address for snail mail. love you, rob

ryoung86@cox.net
www.farmersnevada.net

link to jason bday card

http://www.bluemountain.com/view.pd?i=205203740&m=8651&vc=1&source=bma&sync=1