Saturday, December 29, 2018

Lucy's Baptism

It was a beautiful winter afternoon to be baptized on.  Lucy looked so pretty in her white dress against the white snow.  These days are always so big and I try to catch all the moments, but sometimes I miss some moments with my camera.  I guess I am taking more of a mental picture.  This will be a day I will always remember and I hope it's a day that Lucy will always remember.



 It was extra special for Lucy to be baptized with her cousin Emily.  These two are 10 days apart and they just love each other.  It was a special day for these two cousins

 She was baptized by her Dad.
 Grandpa and Grandma Schwitzer
 Two brothers with their daughters!
 Our family!  Jason spoke at her baptism and did a great job.
Grandma and Grandpa Young.  We had lots of family, but I did not get pictures of everyone.

My favorite part about having my daughters baptisms are the moments after they get out of the font.  After Lucy was baptized I wrapped her in her towel and asked her how she felt.  She said, "Mom I felt the spirit so strong".  So grateful that the spirit testified to her that what she had done and felt was true and right.  So grateful that Lucy has the Gift of the Holy Ghost to protect her and help her find truth through out her life.  What a blessing the Holy Ghost is in our lives.

After the baptisms we had a dinner with both sides of families.  It was such a special day and we were glad that Lucy was able to baptized up in Utah with family.

No comments: