Sunday, October 7, 2018

Nauvoo

 We happened to be in Nauvoo during General Conference.  It made it a little more tricky to find missionaries around, but we ended up seeing everything we wanted.  The Smith grave yard is always a stop and the mansion house.  We had an amazing tours and most of the time it was just our family on the tours.


 Nauvoo temple stone in the visitors center
 Carthage Jail.
 Carthage has a special place in my heart because it is where my Grandma and Grandpa Young served a mission.  I remember visiting them when I was about 10 on their mission.  We spent a couple of days in Carthage with my grandparents.  It was here that my first testimony of the prophet began.  I am grateful for good Grandparents that set the great example of missionary work and shared their testimonies with us often of the prophet Joseph Smith.






 The grounds by the jail are just beautiful!


Where the saints left Nauvoo to cross the Mississippi River.
 We went through the John Taylor home.  We have a picture of Jay when he was like 2 riding on that rocking horse.  He had to get another picture!
 Lucy in front of Lucy Mack Smith's home
 The Girls in front of the Relief Society Building in Nauvoo!
Mike standing on the plot of land that John Spiers owned

No comments: