Saturday, May 21, 2016

Mountain West Ballet Sleeping Beauty

 This Spring Anne tried out for the Mountain West Ballet production of Sleeping Beauty.  She got the Garland Rose part.  It was a really pretty dance and on stage she danced with older girls that are on pointe.  This was a big commitment.  She had rehearsal every Saturday up in Sandy for months and then 3 days of the actual show.  She really loved it and made some fun friends from all over the valley.  Here are the girls in her dance.  While waiting for their dance they would make a back massage train.
 Here is Anne in her costume.  Mountain West is really strict on not taking any pictures of the actually performance so, this is what I got back stage!
 The Garland Roses with Sleeping Beauty who is an amazing Ballerina!
It was a big commitment for me too.  I had to volunteer 10 hours of my time for Mountain West.  Luckily Mike helped with that too.  Mike helped set up the back drop on stage, I worked at the boutique selling flowers, and then I was back stage with her group for the Saturday matinee.  It was a great experience for Anne!

No comments: