Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Peace, Be Still

 I always ponder and I think what the Lord wants my kids to learn at certain times in their lives.  As I thought about this years back to school dinner I wasn't quite sure what I wanted the theme to be.  One Sunday, I was sitting through Sunday School and we learned about how Elijah talked with the Lord.  He wasn't in the wind, earthquake, or fire but, was in a still small voice.  I felt the spirit so strong and knew that was what I wanted the kids to learn...How to hear the Lord's voice in their lives.  We talked about being still so the spirit can speak to us.  My hope is that they will develop their listening skills to the spirit.  I know it took time for me but, once learned the spirit speaks to you daily.
 I made kids hats with qualities I love about them. Anne the Loyal, Jason the Brave, Eliza the Joy, and Lucy the Great.

 We gave each of the kids a picture of Christ with this scripture that they can hang in their room.
After each of the kids had a Priesthood blessing by Dad to start the year off right.

No comments: