Thursday, November 8, 2012

Election Night

The night of the election we had a party at our house.  This was the only picture I took that night.  Here is the little bud Smith.  He voted with his Mom and of course he voted for Romney.  I thought this party would be so much fun and we could be happy and cheer for the Romney victory.  But, it ended up being a sad evening and everyone went home pretty down.

I thought for sure that Romney would win.  I was done with Obama and his lies and bad policies.  I thought that Mitt could solve a lot of our country problems.  Not only is he smart but, he is Mormon.  To have a Mormon president would be just amazing.  But, the country thought other wise.  They voted back in Obama and in some states they legalized gay marriage and drug use!

As I look at this sweet baby Smith I think about his future and my kids future.  If things are this bad now what are they going to have to go through.  I worry the most about my kids.  But, as I have thought this whole thing out I am grateful that I have chosen righteousness.  As long as we stay the course of righteousness my kids will turn out fine and the Lord will take care of everything else.  The world can go into chaos around us but, we will stay firm in our beliefs.

I am grateful for strong family bonds with extended family.  I think about my kids and all their cousins on both sides.  If all else fails they will have each other to hang out with and stand strong together!

I still get sick as I think about the Romney loss but, I know everything will work out and everything is in the Lord's hands.

No comments: