Sunday, September 4, 2011

A Rocky Start

We have been looking forward to our San Diego vacation for months. Mike and I had it all planned out and we were excited for this vacation with our kids. We flew the kids to San Diego so that was a big deal for our kids. Our flight out of SLC was an hour late so, that threw things off. Our kids did great on the flight and Jason loved looking out the window down on the small cities. We got into San Diego late that night and we got to our hotel and crashed because we were tired. At 4 a.m Mike woke me up saying that he was in a ton of pain. His lower side hurt so bad. After a short while he said that he needed to go to a hospital that the pain was so bad he needed help. We woke up the kids and took Mike to the E.R. It was a horrible E.R in San Diego and they would not let me go back to see Mike nor would they let me know what was going on with him. After 2 hours of waiting I finally got to talk with a Dr. and that he had a kidney stone. Mike went through a horrible experience and we were just glad that he made it through it. We were so worried about Mike and were so glad that it wasn't something more serious.

So, an exciting start to our vacation but, the rest of our week was so much fun and we made some great memories as a family.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Poor Mike!

The rest of your trip looks wonderful! I am jealous -- I love San Diego. I'm glad Mike recovered quickly so you could enjoy your vacation.