Sunday, May 31, 2009

Memorial Day

We had a great holiday an Monday and it was a great day to kick off Summer. In the morning we did yard work and worked around the house. The kids had fun riding bikes and playing outside. The past week I have been working on a sewing project and in this picture Eliza is wearing it. She loves the shirt and when I first put it on her she would scream if I took it off. I think she felt special in the first shirt I have ever made for her.
In the afternoon we went to visit some relatives graves to remember them on this holiday. We stopped by my Uncle Steve's grave and went to my Grandpa and Grandma Davis's grave. I think it's important for my kids to understand those that have gone before them. I try to show pictures of my grand-parents that have passed away but, it's hard at their age to understand how they relate to them. They still had fun running around outside and being with their cousin Hayden.


After we went to my parents house and had the first summer BBQ. We ate really good food and played Boccie Ball which Jason was awesome at! We had a really fun holiday and were happy to spent it with family!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Eliza's shirt is darling! I'm so glad you are still sewing. What a fun project.